A collaboration between the Southwest PA Air Quality Partnership and the PA Resources Council
For students in Southwest PA to learn about the effects of air pollution, how to reduce their exposure, and to encourage action through a poster campaign promoting clean air and alternative transportation.
2013-2014 Let’s Clear the Air Poster Challenge winners:
Upper Elementary Category
1st Place– Samhita Vasudeva, Marshall Elementary
2nd Place– Kyleigh Gianfrancesco, Ramsay Elementary
Middle School Category
1st Place – Abby Pospisil, Holy Sepulcher Catholic School
2nd Place – Lucia Santos Huertas, Shadyside Academy
High School Category
1st Place – Bailey Marshall, Hopewell High School
2nd Place – Amber Palmer-Riggin, Geibel Catholic Jr.Sr. High
1st place – Haley Marra, South Allegheny
2nd place – Kaylee Presson, South Allegheny
Poster Contest Details:
- For the 2013-2014 school year
- Open to teachers of all disciplines, Science, History, Art and more!
- Winners announced on Earth Day 2014
- Four Contest Categories
- Free Hand Categories
- Upper Elementary (4th& 5th),
- Middle School (6th -8th)
- High School (9th – 12th) category.
- *NEW* Graphic Design Category - All Ages
- Participating teachers receive access to air quality background info, age-specific lesson plans and hands-on activities.
- First 35 teachers to register will recieve a $20 gift card to use for hands-on materials.
- Posters may be dropped off or postmarked to the
PRC office by March 1st 2014
Let’s Clear the Air Poster Challenge
Pennsylvania Resources Council
64 South 14th Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED EARTH DAY 2014!
Winners Will Receive:
- The top 2 posters from each category will be DISPLAYED in public venues across Southwestern PA
- Top 2 from each category will win a school assembly professional Magic Show!
- Top winner from each category will receive a bicycle.
- Top four winners’ teachers receive a $100 certificate for school supplies.
Have more questions?
Contact Sarah Alessio Shea from PRC at 412.488.7490 ext. 236 or by email.